Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Wow it has been a while

So I am terrible at this blog stuff. This just my journal in electronic form. Start off strong and then fade away. But I am back with a vengence.
Why not jump back in the game with a rant? This has been on my mind for a while and the only way to get it out is to blog about it where you don't have a choice but to let me type it. You don't have to read it but dang it I am going to type it.
So I have to vent about something that I hate. It bugs me more than most things on this planet. I cringe every time I see it and I am half tempted to destroy it on said sighting. You know it and I know it. The evil, murderous, vile, wicked, no good, dirty, rotten stinking nonesense that is automatic sinks and automatic paper towel dispensers.
I hate these dang things. They are so annoying. I hate having to wave my hands up and down a sink to get the water to come on. It never works the way it should. And then when it decides that you should be done washing your hands it shuts off. It is even harder to get it going again than the first time. This whole thing has to end. I even saw an automatic soap dispenser once. I want to decide how much soap I use. Not some cocky little box screwed into a wall. It drives me nuts.
And the paper towel dispenser. I hate it with the fire and anger of a thousand evil frogs. I can't dry my hands with ONE paper towel. There is no way. And then I have to sit around and wait for it to reload. Again and again. And again. It is so frustrating. It takes a quick event on my life, an inconvenience really, because using the terlet never comes at a time when you want it to, and draws it out into this epic battle between me and the green hippies.
Now I'm not saying that we should waste and use up the planet. Heavens no. But the stupid hippies got it wrong. These sinks actually waste water. Do they shut off automatically when you are done washing your hands? No they keep on pumping for their alloted time whether or not you are sanitizing. Sometimes I am even halfway into my battle with the paper towels before the water shuts off. How is that helping? How is that conservation? It is more of a waste than me being in control of turning on the water when I begin and turning off the water when I am done. Arg.
One of my favorite moments in movie history is in the movie Garden State. Zach Braff is in a restroom and it has the automatic sinks. He walks out of the bathroom and passes the row of sinks on his way out and as he passes by each one turns on and dumps water for a while. Classic! Take that sinks who think they are better than me. You have just been made fun of...well not just because Garden State came out forever ago, but I just called you out. (If you haven't seen that movie you should. It'll change your life forever).
Now on a lighter side of a similar issue I am 100% for automatic toilet flushers because who wants to put your hands that close to other people's pee pee and ca ca. Cause you know people miss all the time.
So I am asking you to join me in the destruction of all automatic sinks and paper towel dispensers. And tear down the dumb soap dispensers before they can get a foot in the door.
Who's with me!!!???

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree. And I hate it when I'm doing the "C'mon water, turn on!" dance and someone else walks up and it works for them on the first try. It's like all this automated stuff is against me.

    On the other hand, I highly approve of the Dyson hand driers. They have them at the Cal Academy.

    ReplyDelete