Thursday, October 7, 2010

I'm Embarrassed to Share This

So I'm driving in to work on Monday and listening to the KNBR morning show as I always do. Now, the Sunday previous, the Giants defeated the Padres 3-0 clinching the National League West Division and getting to the playoofs for the first time since 2003 or something forever ago like that. I don't have "good" cable. I get the basic channels and TBS. Not much to brag about. So whenever the Giants played I had to watch on this little animationon Gameday. It is painfully slow with no sound. This was how I knew that the Giants won. I silently cheered for them (Christen was taking a nap) and went on with my day happy that my team had finally made it back into the postseason.
Back to Monday. I'm driving in to work and the morning show is playing back spliced sound clips from the game. I get to hear the announcers shouting with joy as the Giants are winning. I hear the crowd cheering. Then they play Wilson striking out someone to win, the crowd going wild and different clips from the players saying how excited they are. It was awesome.
So here I am. Driving in my car. About five minutes away from work, and I start to get teary eyed. My lip starts doing the quiver thing and I am almost crying listening to the recap of the Giants winning. I am such a baby!

I couldn't believe it. I had to try to compose myself before I parked so people wouldn't get all confused. "Why is Mr. Danielson crying?" "I don't know. He was always weird."
But needless to say. I am embarrassed at the ability of my tearducts to perform like that but I am so STOKED for game one tonight! Lets go GIANTS! Don't make me cry with sadness this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment