Sunday, May 16, 2010

Can't wait for July 16th


I am so excited for this movie to come out. Problem is I can't even tell you why. I don't even really know what it is about. The newest trailer only gives us the smallest hints. But even from the briefest moments of the original teaser I was in. I don't know if it is just because I trust Nolan. If you look at the work he has done, he should be considered one of the better directors around. Memento was AMAZING. The Prestige blew me away. Even Insomnia which isn't the greatest film ever had something to it that made it enjoyable. And then they gave him Batman. A franchise that was so stale and so overdone that I was hesitant. And then I saw Batman Begins and it was like nothing I had ever seen. Then to follow it up with The Dark Knight. Okay, weird Batman voice aside, are there any better superhero movies out there? Would we even be considering the late Heath Ledger as one of the best if we never saw him as the Joker? Nolan delivers at the box office. Maybe that is why I'm so excited. Or maybe the quality of DiCaprio's recent films. 15 years ago, if there was an actor out there that I would have been happy never seeing again it would have been Leo. But the Departed is one of my favorite films ever and this kid has decided to prove to us that he can act. Plus we see Joseph Gordon-Levitt in a major role for a change looking extremely sinister. This kid is good. Nolan brings back all of his Batman alumni for Inception and I am okay with it. Cillian Murphy is good in whatever he does. I love Ken Watanabe. And if Michael Caine was in every movie ever I would be okay with that.
All of this aside, just one look at this trailer tells us that something big is going to happen on July 16th. This could be the most retarded movie ever, but I guarantee that this movie will be like nothing we have ever seen before. This will be an event. Like it or hate it there is going to be moment after moment when we must pause and just say "wow." With Hollywood becoming boring and stale. with movie scripts simply re-working what has been done over and over. Inception proves to break free of everything we have seen lately. It will blow us away and give us something we have never seen before. Thats why I'll be there with child-like anticipation (it'll be like waiting for Santa to deposit presents on Christmas morning) on July 16th to have my mind blown by Inception.

1 comment:

  1. this movie confuses me.
    dude, have you seen "the losers" ??
    for some reaosn i love it...

    ReplyDelete