Sunday, May 23, 2010

It Sucks Being a Sports Fan



I am dying as a sports fan right now. I don't care about basketball. The NBA is a league of showboats. Football has lost a lot of its flavor and I barely follow the weak 49ers. Soccer is boring. Golf is worse.
I have two sports loves. The San Francisco Giants and the San Jose Sharks. And they are killing me. First off, the Sharks' season may end tonight because they can't find a way to beat the stinking Chicago Blackhawks in the Conference Finals. The Sharks should have won games one and three but they just couldn't . It has been so painful in past years with the Sharks going down way too early in the playoffs. This year, when everything seemed right, when we are on the doorstep of the Stanley Cup Finals, the Sharks are about to get swept out of the playoffs. Not one win so far. It is painful. We are helpless to watch as nothing goes our way. It isn't even that the Sharks are playing poorly. They just CAN"T get a win. it is so frustrating to see one goalie shut down an entire team. That's it. If Niemi or whatever his name was got the flu and missed the next four games, the Sharks would make history and come back from a 3-0 hole. This one guy is shutting us down. He is that good. It is that bad for Sharks fans. I am almost tempted to not watch, listen, follow the game tonight just because I am scared. It sucks.
Then there is the Giants. The my-pitcher-holds-the-other-team-to-one-run-and-we-still-can't-get-a-win-Giants. What has happened to the Giants. Okay, I know that the Padres have some sort of entire Giants team voodoo doll and will for some unexplained reason destroy us the rest of the year, but Arizona? And Oakland? How are we losing to these teams? Well it is simple. The Giants CAN"T HIT. How did we start the season as the BEST TEAM IN BASEBALL and turn into the 3 hits per game Giants? It isn't the pitchers. Even when they are shaky they still pitch well enough to win. With the exception of Wellemeyer who is just awful, the pitchers keep us in the game. But no one can hit. We need to drop Wellemeyer and bring up Bumgarner. Sit Molina for a while because he is tired. Lets have Buster get up in here. Anything. Put Renteria back on the DL where he belongs. Make Pablo wear his glasses so he ca see again and start to hit the ball. Clone Nate Shierholtz. HIt Rowand in the face again so he can come back and hit. Anything. The Giants need to start winning and start winning now. It is getting bad.
With both of my teams struggling I don't know what to do. I eagerly listen to all of the games and walk away sad every day. I don't know what to do. Maybe I'll just take up badminton.

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha. i'm going to steal that line of "maybe i'll just take up badminton." hahaha

    ReplyDelete